The intervention and treatment approach for the Aftercare program adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Missouri Children's Division and they are:
- Trauma Informed: The program continues to focus on trauma recovery for both youth and family.
- Family focused: The program focuses on the family system rather than the individual within the family.
- Empowering and encouraging self-sufficiency.
- Interventions will be culturally sensitive and competent.
- The program will be a team approach that utilizes all available resources: including residential, community, and family resources.
- FFCH will ensure both "hard" and "soft" services are met for the family.
- FFCH will strive to keep families together and to make solid reconnection for the youth and their families.